The Kanji Project (the charity) holds information about its supporters in accordance with current data protection legislation. This information is obtained from the supporters themselves.
The charity uses this information for the following purposes:
- to allow the effective administration of the charity;
- to make Gift Aid claims:
- to contact supporters in connection with the charity (unless they ask us not to do so);
- to inform partner charities in India of sponsors (names only) of children and families;
- to satisfy any legal obligation to supply information.
Other than as specified above, the charity does not pass information about its supporters to any other person or organisation.
Supporters may request a copy of the information held by the Kanji Project about themselves, by writing to the Data Controller at The Kanji Project, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope.
The Kanji Project also holds information about people in India who are sponsored by supporters of The Kanji Project. This information is provided by partner charities in India.
The Kanji Project uses this information for the following purposes:
- to link sponsors with suitable individuals and families;
- to inform sponsors about the people they sponsor;
- to communicate with partner charities in India concerning the people sponsored.