We Need You!
Are you passionate about education? Are you interested in supporting disadvantaged children and communities? Do you have an interest in southern India, and ideas about how to raise funds for a small, volunteer-led charity that is looking for help? The Kanji Project is looking for dedicated volunteer trustees who can join our small, friendly team and support the running of the charity through various roles.
The Kanji Project is always interested in finding enthusiastic new trustees. Each trustee has an important role in supporting the running of the charity, and there are opportunities to get involved in any aspect of the governance that might interest you. As we are a small group, we all work closely together to support each other and are involved in all aspects of the charity.
What does being a trustee entail? See the Charity Commission’s 5 minute guides for more information on what being a trustee means, and how to be effective in supporting a charity’s governance.
Trustees are expected to:
- Attend trustee meetings (usually one every 6 weeks, with longer or shorter gaps between meetings depending on requirements)
- Explore fundraising opportunities
- Work together to support the completion of governance documents in order to meet the requirements of the Charity Commission
Specific roles and responsibilities that a trustees can volunteer to engage with include:
- Liaising with our Indian partners to gather reports and ensure we are meeting our requirements for monitoring and evaluating the work we support
- Engaging and communicating with supporters
- Contributing to newsletters, MailChimp campaigns, and other media we use to communicate with supporters
- Maintaining the sponsorship programme
- Developing new fundraising ideas and programmes to increase our regular income
- Keeping the website and social media accounts of TKP up-to-date
- Organising and running events such as the AGM or fundraising activities
- Keeping track of the charity’s finances and ensuring reports are filed to independent reviewers in a timely manner
Find out more about becoming a trustee and access our Nomination Form here.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, please do contact us email@example.com.